Thread: annoyed!

Supporter Juvenile Fish Reefloat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

annoyed!

I repeat here a post to admin for all to see! regarding closure of DOS and my post on a new forum which has now been removed

@Dropofsalt
    in responce to my posting on this subject and your pm regarding the disappointment on my thread on the new saltybox UK

here is a copy of my request made on 24th november to which i received no reply

this may be out of order but it appears the forum is no more! seems to have happened suddely without an obvious reason hence this request
    saltybox is in its death throws with the american owner showing no interest and admin unable to do anything about it and i dont want to see it go into oblivion
    for this reason i have setup a new forum SALTYBOX UK along with the current saltybox admin and what i would like from you is permission to post a thread on here announcing this, please take a look and i hope you can look upon this as maintaining a UK presence in the hobby - gordon

from the comment made on a pm from @Dropofsalt its obvious my request was never read despite the fact that its still there on the contact forum section - i have been made to feel that i have done something underhand and thats not in my nature as many will back me up on - at the end of the day i am trying to support the the hobby in the UK and NOT out of self interest as has been implied
    Last edited by Reefloat; 10th January 20 at 12:00 AM.

CHANGING THE WAY WE THINK!
    UNFORTUNATELY WE CAN NO LONGER DO FREE DELIVERY

Member Juvenile Fish
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a shame. I admit I don't log in often, but there were a good bunch on here at one point with great advice.
    Is this site closing its doors then?

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buji View Post
    This is a shame. I admit I don't log in often, but there were a good bunch on here at one point with great advice.
    Is this site closing its doors then?
    on the information sent out to the sponsors yes

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gordon,

Are you able to share what has been sent out ?

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaval View Post
    Gordon,

Are you able to share what has been sent out ?
    doesnt appear to be there anymore, members should have been informed, the sponsors were (eventually)

Administrator World Roamer Dropofsalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In response to the above:
    As many have witnessed the forums activity and interest has dwindled to none, despite our best efforts to maintain and to give competitions and a place for reefing people to meet and chat about the hobby it has no come to fruition like we hoped.

The owners have discussed what we could do further to try and keep the forum moving forward, but after a discussion it was decided that the time and effort it would take to get possible interest up and running again would out weigh the return.
    The decision was taken to allow the forum to run its current subscription and to inform the sponsors first, as they were the investors at the beginning and we felt that it was only right to inform them first and to state that we would not be requesting any funds from them for the 2020 year, the subscription for the forum runs out in June/July 2020.

We was going to announce to the staff next week about the closure of the forum, and then at the end of January announcements would be made to the members in a open public statement.
    However unfortunately it has not resulted in that, but it is now public so we are not going to deny it, the decision to close the forum was not an easy choice, and was not taken lightly, many of the staff and owners have put in countless hours and burned very late midnight oils trying to keep the forum active, despite all our best efforts it hasn't turned out that way, so unfortunately we made a joint decision to end the venture.

We would like to thank you all for your help/support and input throughout the venture, and hope that you continue to enjoy the hobby.

Regards.
    The Admin Team.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A very sad state and am gutted to hear the forum is closing.

Before it goes I would like to say a Very big thank you to everyone involved, I know alot of time and effort has gone into this.

Also thankyou to the sponsors without whose support this wouldn't of existed.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Member Juvenile Fish
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed.
    Hope to speak with you all again somewhere else in the future!

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropofsalt View Post
    In response to the above:
    As many have witnessed the forums activity and interest has dwindled to none, despite our best efforts to maintain and to give competitions and a place for reefing people to meet and chat about the hobby it has no come to fruition like we hoped.

The owners have discussed what we could do further to try and keep the forum moving forward, but after a discussion it was decided that the time and effort it would take to get possible interest up and running again would out weigh the return.
    The decision was taken to allow the forum to run its current subscription and to inform the sponsors first, as they were the investors at the beginning and we felt that it was only right to inform them first and to state that we would not be requesting any funds from them for the 2020 year, the subscription for the forum runs out in June/July 2020.

We was going to announce to the staff next week about the closure of the forum, and then at the end of January announcements would be made to the members in a open public statement.
    However unfortunately it has not resulted in that, but it is now public so we are not going to deny it, the decision to close the forum was not an easy choice, and was not taken lightly, many of the staff and owners have put in countless hours and burned very late midnight oils trying to keep the forum active, despite all our best efforts it hasn't turned out that way, so unfortunately we made a joint decision to end the venture.

We would like to thank you all for your help/support and input throughout the venture, and hope that you continue to enjoy the hobby.

Regards.
    The Admin Team.
    a reply to my personal pm would be nice